Is it possible to send a package from Iceland to Russia in 2023? Some delivery services like Iceland State Post, DHL, FedEx, TNT, and UPS are not available for shipping to Russia, but there are other options. However, political situation and sanctions might cause issues or delays that could make it hard to find a trustworthy shipping company to send your parcel.
Is there a safe way to send something to Russia in 2023?
When it comes to international shipping, it's crucial to be aware of the potential challenges that may arise. To make an informed decision, it's recommended to conduct thorough research and compare various companies beforehand. Here are a few possible choices:
- Private courier services: Private courier services can be used to deliver documents, parcels, and small cargo from Iceland to Russia via third countries.
- Postal services: While international companies such as DHL and FedEx have ceased cooperation with Russia, the national postal services are still functioning. Iceland Post can be used to send the documents, parcels, and small cargo, but not to Russia directly.
- Shipping companies: Shipping companies can be used to send documents and parcels to Russia.
- Air cargo services: Air cargo services can also be used to deliver documents and parcels to Russia. The problem is that planes do not fly directly to the Russian Federation, so the courier must fly to a neutral country and transfer to a flight to Russia.
- Online delivery platforms: Online delivery platforms like Postmates, Uber Eats, and Deliveroo can also be used to send documents and parcels to Russia. These platforms allow users to connect with local couriers who can deliver the items.
- Hand–carried delivery: If the document or parcel is of high importance, it can be hand–carried to Russia. This may include hiring a private courier.
- Mobile Notary services: If important documents need to be delivered, Mobile Notaries can be used for speedy and efficient delivery. They provide notary and delivery services which ensure secure and timely delivery.
- Diplomatic channels: If the documents are for government or diplomatic purposes, they can be sent through diplomatic channels. The embassy of Iceland in Russia and the Russian embassy in Iceland can be contacted for this.
The Time Saving Machine company (TSM) collects offers from various courier and logistics companies, making it easier to compare and select the best delivery options for letters, parcels, and cargo between different countries. This convenient online service specializes in organizing express shipments for correspondence, parcels weighing up to 50kg, and medium–sized cargo up to one ton specifically between Iceland and Russia.
What are customs restrictions on sending parcels from Iceland to Russia in 2023?
When shipping goods from Iceland or to Russia, certain customs regulations may apply depending on the nature of the goods and their value. For example, goods that are deemed hazardous or prohibited in Russia may not be allowed for importation. Additionally, certain goods may require special certifications or permits before they can be allowed into the country.
Iceland, which is not a member of the European Union, joined the common position of the EU regarding sanctions against the Russian Federation and adopted a number of measures that limit economic and financial relations between Iceland and Russia, including a ban on the import of goods and services from Crimea.
However, it is worth noting that the volume of trade relations between Iceland and Russia is generally small, and therefore the sanctions did not have a significant impact on the economies of both countries.
It's advisable to check with the customs agency in the receiving country or seek the services of a licensed customs broker experienced in dealing with the specific commodities and import/export documentation to ensure a seamless transaction.
People and companies can send various goods and products from Iceland to Russia, such as:
- Fish products such as salmon, cod, shrimp, mussels, squid.
- Cosmetics and perfumery.
- Equipment and components for production, for example, for the production of energy from geothermal sources.
- Technologies, publications and software in the field of geology, exploration and geothermal energy.
- Sports equipment and clothing, such as mountain skeleton, kite surfing, mountain biking, etc.
- Traditional Icelandic goods such as woolen goods, fur articles, dried fruit, etc.
The import of certain types of goods into Russia is prohibited or restricted. For example:
- Weapons, ammunition, explosives and pyrotechnic products.
- Narcotic drugs and psychotropic substances without the necessary documents.
- Hazardous waste and waste oil products, as well as other hazardous substances.
- Thermometers and other devices containing mercury.
- Books, publications and materials calling for extremism, violence and religious hatred.
- Cultural values that do not have the appropriate documents confirming their legality of import into Russia.
- Animals and plants protected by international organizations.
- Food and goods that do not meet the requirements of Russian legislation.
In addition, there are a number of goods, the import of which is restricted. For example, it can be cultural heritage goods, antiques, medicines or food products that demand to carry out additional verification procedures and obtain appropriate permits.
What are the shipping costs and the delivery time from Iceland to Russia?
The cost of sending a package from Iceland to Russia depends on several factors, such as weight, size, shipping method, expedited or regular delivery, insurance cost, availability of additional services, etc. Shipping costs may also vary depending on the specific carrier and time of year.
Usually, the cost of sending a parcel from Iceland to Russia starts from 40–50 euros for a small parcel without expedited delivery and insurance. If the parcel has a large weight or size, the cost may increase. Expedited shipping usually costs more, but allows you to deliver the package faster.
The Time Saving Machine company presents three distinct alternatives for worldwide shipment:
- Expedited air courier delivery: This option guarantees delivery within 2–5 business days from Iceland to Russia. A devoted courier transports the package from one client to a third country by air then arrives to Russia.
- Standard delivery: The shipping duration for this option generally ranges between 5–15 working days. As the package waits for a shipment of apt size to be dispatched, this methodology is relatively inexpensive.
- Economy delivery: This option involves combining several goods and utilizing a consolidation facility which takes 21–28 working days for shipment. The parcel or letter is directed to a local storage and can dwell there for long durations until delivery as part of a vast consignment.
The cost of shipping parcels and letters from Iceland to Russia relies on a variety of elements, such as package dimension and weight, courier method picked, and the span between the starting point and destination. To ascertain a rough estimation based on specific criteria, one can avail of online shipping calculators.
A myriad of sanctions were imposed by western nations on Russia, resulting in the cessation of air traffic with the country, as well as the stipulation that foreign transportation services abstain from serving Russia. Adjusting to these import and export limits was no easy feat for courier services. Time Saving Machine, the international delivery service, cantered towards handling the task and persists in carrying out regular international shipments. The only difference is that there has been an increase in the expense of the provided services.
Numerous logistic–factors have contributed towards the elevation of the international shipping cost. Due to the termination of direct flights to Western countries for Russia, and their closed borders, the Time Saving Machine team had to contrive new routes, nestled within countries that were amicable to Russia. This, in turn, led to longer transportation distances and more fuel costs. Alongside devising logistics routes, the management of the TSM courier service inked deals with fresh partners situated in Asia.
The fee for executing delivery with a companion is part of the price, as well as the cost of fuel. If you're sending something abroad, there are extra fees for higher airfare and airport handling that will be added to the total cost.
At Time Saving Machine, we don't rip off our customers or exploit difficult situations when it comes to shipping internationally. However, the cost of delivery can be impacted by certain factors:
- Estimated value of the contents;
- Distance between the sender’s and receiver’s cities;
- Nature of the cargo;
- Desired transportation timeframe;
- Conditions for transporting the goods;
- Need for insurance;
- Weight and dimensions of the shipment.
A TSM manager chooses the tariff based on the client's requirements. However, even if the criteria are the same, the shipment costs may differ due to changes in currency exchange rates and seasonal variations in delivery.
What documents are needed to deliver a parcel from Iceland to Russia?
In general, some of the usual documents to ship parcels from Iceland to Russia commonly required by courier services may include:
- Shipping label or airway bill.
- Customs declaration form and commercial invoice.
- Passport or ID proof for the sender and receiver.
- Packing list.
- Import/export license if applicable.
- Certificate of origin.
- Tax identification number (TIN) or Russian Individual Taxpayer Number (INN) for the receiver.
- Any other relevant documentation required by the sender or receiver country authorities.
It is advisable to check with the specific courier and custom authorities for up–to–date and accurate information on the required documents and regulations before shipping any parcel or letter from Iceland to Russia.
TSM offers prompt parcel and package delivery services for personal items, such as valuables, documents, CDs, and flash drives, from Iceland to Russia. They provide a variety of service options for customers, such as:
- Assistance from a dedicated manager to handle customs paperwork.
- Skilled staff to compile all vital documents and IDs.
- Quick and easy delivery service with a trusted delivery person who can pick up packages from any location — whether it be an office, home, or hotel.
- Expedited delivery is possible even from Iceland.
- The recipients do not have to worry about taking time off to visit the delivery company's office — the courier will bring the package right to their doorstep.
- Logistics tracking is performed at every stage of the delivery. Under current conditions, companies are not revealing exact delivery routes, requiring customers to inquire about parcel details through chat conversations with a manager.
Time Saving Machine offers international transportation services to individual and corporate customers who prepay the full amount. Our agreement guarantees the secure and dependable delivery of your goods.
For fast and secure delivery of your parcels, letters, documents, and full customs clearance from Iceland to Russia, trust Time Saving Machine. Visit timesavingmachine.com, text us in Telegram and WhatsApp.